THE MUSIC HALL MMF-7.3 TURNTABLE IS A 2-SPEED, BELT-DRIVEN AUDIOPHILE TURNTABLE EMPLOYING THE UNIQUE DUAL-PLINTH CONSTRUCTION ORIGINATED BY MUSIC HALL.
The distinctive design of the mmf-7.3 isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the adjustable tip-toe feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. The motor speed controls, and wiring are isolated on their own platform and completely decoupled from the turntable.
Sorbothane hemispheres separate the two platforms and provide additional suspension and vibration damping.
The mmf-7.3 comes in a high-gloss piano black lacquer finish and is available with or without the Ortofon 2m Bronze cartridge.
- music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
- one-piece full carbon fiber tonearm
- fully adjustable VTA, azimuth, and dampened arm lift mechanism
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip, is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- completely isolated/decoupled DC motor with 33 and 45 rpm speed controls located in the front left corner of the turntable, thus canceling any potential vibration from the motor/belt to the cartridge
- motor sits on its own resonance-damping puck
- optional Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge with a nude fine line stylus ($440 value)
- the supplied cartridge is properly aligned and mounted
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon® for noise-free, fluid operation
- non-resonant acrylic platter with metal screw-on record clamp and soft felt mat
- high-quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
- adjustable tip-toe feet with anti scratch cups
- low-noise, fully-manual belt drive design
- built-in round spirit level for proper leveling
- dust cover and 45rpm adaptor included
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
power supply 15V / 0-0.8mA DC
universal power supply
power connection 100 – 240 Volt
50 or 60 Hz
standby power consumption < 1 W speeds 33⁄13 rpm & 45 rpm
electronic speed change
wow and flutter ± 0.10 % speed deviation ± 0.06% rumble max > – 73 db effective tonearm length 9 in. (230 mm) tonearm weight 250 g (without counterweight) effective tonearm mass 8.5 g overhang 18 mm product dimensions w18.25” x d13.25” x h5.5” 24 lbs. pkg.
The Ortofon 2M Series is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove.
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
The 2M Bronze features a nude Fine Line diamond stylus, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Bronze is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
Ortofon has optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.