“The Music Hall Ikura is good enough that, if I had to live with it as my only means of playing vinyl, I’d be quite happy.”
Three adjustable conical feet, a 2-speed dc synchronous motor, power switch, wiring and electrical parts are all mounted on the bottom plinth. The critical sound reproducing components—the main bearing, arm and cartridge—are mounted on the top plinth.
The music hall ikura turntable is a 2-speed, belt driven turntable with many singular features. Starting with music hall’s hallmark two-piece split-plinth design. The plinths are isolated and separated by three vulcanized rubber cones.
- music hall’s unique split-plinth design
- gorgeous high gloss white or black finish
- top tier one piece alloy tonearm
- flexible internal tonearm wire drawn from high purity copper
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip
- resonance damping counterweight is decoupled from the tonearm
- separately isolated dc synchronous motor
- two speed (33/45 rpm) pulley
- ortofon 2m blue moving magnet cartridge with user replaceable nude elliptical diamond stylus (a $225 value)
- cartridge supplied is mounted and properly aligned
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in teflon
- main bearing provides noise free fluid operation
- dynamically balanced MDF platter
- soft felt mat
- high quality gold rca connectors and detachable phono cable
- special vibration damping adjustable feet
- low noise fully manual belt drive design
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- dust cover and 45rpm adaptor
- not compatible with music hall cruise control
power supply 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz power absorption 2VA motor dc synchronous speeds 33⅓ rpm
to 45 rpm)
speed deviation ± 0.9% wow and flutter ±0.15% rumble max > -70 db mounting distance arm base 212mm armtube material aluminum effective tonearm length 9 in (228.6mm) effective tonearm mass 11g overhang 0.7 in (18mm) cartridge weights 2.0 – 16.0g tonearm weight w/o counterweight 250g platter diameter 11.81 in (30cm) platter weight 2 lbs (.90kg) product dimensions w18.25 x d13.25 x h5.5 in weight 20lbs. pkg.
The Ortofon 2M Series is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove.
The 2M Series is developed in conjunction with the Danish Industrial designer Møller Jensen Design – the same designer who designed the award winning MC Jubilee and Kontrapunkt series. Inspired by the facets of a diamond, whose contours gracefully trace the grooves on a record’s surface, the 2M’s handsome elegance establishes a great combination of form and functionality.
2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
Of course the 2M isn’t just another pretty face. It has been engineered to the highest standards and is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration.
2M Blue Features:
- An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
- Adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details than 2M Red
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used with a wide variety of phono preamps.