Sorbothane hemispheres separate each of the three platforms and provide additional suspension and vibration damping. The mmf-9.3 comes in a high-gloss piano black lacquer finish and is available with or without cartridge.
The music hall mmf-9.3 turntable, is a two speed, belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique triple plinth construction originated by music hall.
The distinctive design isolates the critical sound reproducing components: platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge, on the top platform, from the adjustable tip-toe feet and wiring, which are mounted on the bottom platform. The motor and speed controls are isolated on their own vibration damping base and completely decoupled from the turntable.
- music hall’s unique triple plinth construction
- one-piece full carbon fiber tonearm
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip,
is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- completely isolated/decoupled DC motor with 33⅓ and 45 rpm speed controls located in the front left corner of the turntable, thus canceling any potential vibration from the motor/belt to the cartridge
- motor sits on its own resonance damping puck
- optional Goldring Eroica LX low-output moving-coil cartridge with
Gyger II line contact stylus ($795 value)
- the cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- inverted ceramic main bearing for super quiet, fluid operation
- non resonant, 1” thick acrylic platter
- soft felt platter mat
- high quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
- adjustable tip toe feet with anti scratch cups
- low noise fully manual belt drive design
- built-in round spirit level for proper leveling
- dust cover and 45 rpm adaptor included
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
|power supply||15V / 0-0.8mA DC
universal power supply
|power connection||100 – 240 Volt
50 or 60 Hz
|standby power consumption||< 1 W|
|speeds||33 ⅓ & 45 rpm electronic speed change|
|wow and flutter||± 0.10 %|
|speed deviation||± 0.06%|
|rumble max||> – 73 db|
|effective tonearm length||9 in. (230 mm)|
|tonearm weight||250 g (without counterweight)|
|effective tonearm mass||8.5 g|
- w18.25 x d13.25 x h7.25 in.
- 40 lbs. pkg.