The distinctive design isolates the critical sound reproducing components: platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the motor, switch, wiring, and feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. Sorbothane hemispheres separate the two platforms and provide suspension and vibration damping.
The music hall mmf-5.3 Special Edition turntable is a 2-speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique dual-plinth construction originated by music hall.
The mmf-5.3se comes complete with an Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge.
- music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
- gorgeous and classic-looking rosenut real wood veneer finish
- sorbothane isolation orbs
- one piece carbon-fiber arm
- carbon-fiber tonearm is fully adjustable for VTA and azimuth
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip,
is decoupled from the arm, and acts as a resonance damper
- DC synchronous motor for superior speed stability,
separately isolated on the lower platform
- two-speed stepped motor pulley for 33⅓ and 45 rpm
- Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge with replaceable nude
fine line diamond stylus ($440 value)
- the cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon®
for noise-free fluid operation
- main bearing provides noise free fluid operation
- dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft felt mat
- screw-on record clamp
- high quality gold RCA connectors and detachable phono cable
- special vibration damping adjustable feet
- built-in round spirit level for proper leveling
- low noise fully manual belt drive design
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- dust cover and 45rpm adaptor included
|power supply||15V / 0-0.8mA DC
universal power supply
|power connection||100 – 240 Volt
50 or 60 Hz
|standby power consumption||< 1 W|
(manual change to 45 rpm)
|wow and flutter||± 0.10 %|
|speed deviation||± 0.80%|
|rumble max||> – 71 db|
|effective tonearm length||9 in. (230 mm)|
|tonearm weight||250 g (without counterweight)|
|effective tonearm mass||8.5 g|
- w18.25 x d13.25 x h5.5 in.
- 24 lbs. pkg.