Sorbothane hemispheres separate the two platforms and provide additional vibration damping. The motor, switch, and wiring are completely decoupled from the turntable and isolated on their own vibration damping puck. The mmf-7.1 comes in a high gloss piano black lacquer finish and is available with or without the music hall mojo cartridge. The mojo is specially built by Ortofon for music hall.
The music hall mmf-7.1 turntable is a two speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing the unique dual-plinth construction originated by music hall.
The distinctive design isolates the critical sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the adjustable tip toe feet which are mounted on the bottom platform.
- music hall’s unique dual plinth construction
- carbon fiber tonearm
- flexible internal tonearm wire drawn from high purity copper
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip
- resonance damping counterweight is decoupled from the tonearm
- completely beijing isolated and decoupled ac motor
- two speed (33/45 rpm) pulley
- motor sits on its own resonance damping puck
- front motor position eliminates motor to cartridge vibration
- optional music hall mojo moving magnet cartridge ($500 value)
- user replaceable fritz gyger FG70 diamond stylus
- music hall mojo cartridge is mounted and properly aligned
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in teflon
- main bearing provides noise free fluid operation
- non resonant acrylic platter
- metal screw on record clamp and soft felt mat
- high quality gold rca connectors and detachable phono cable
- adjustable tip toe feet with anti scratch cups
- low noise fully manual belt drive design
- dust cover, 45rpm adaptor, and spirit level
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- w18.25 x d13.25 x h5.5 in.
- 27 lbs. pkg.