“The Music Hall Ikura is good enough that, if I had to live with it as my only means of playing vinyl, I’d be quite happy.”
The music hall ikura turntable is a
2-speed, belt driven turntable with many singular features. Starting with music hall’s hallmark two-piece
split-plinth design. The plinths are isolated and separated by three vulcanized rubber cones.
Three adjustable conical feet,
a 2-speed dc synchronous motor, power switch, wiring and electrical parts are all mounted on the bottom plinth while the critical sound reproducing components; the main bearing, arm and cartridge are mounted on the top plinth.
Designed and developed in the USA, the ikura represents a distinct visual and technical design departure for music hall.
For the first time, music hall collaborated with an outside industrial design firm to develop and complete the project. The foundation of ikura’s design remains the unique two-piece split-plinth design originated by music hall and the final product is the result of a dynamic design partnership between Doing & Done, headed by designer James Kyroudis, and music hall.
The mdf (medium density fiberboard) platter and felt mat sit on a high quality, stainless steel ball bearing sheathed in Teflon providing fluid and noise-free operation. The bearing assembly comes pre-charged with lubricant.
The effective length of the tonearm is nine inches. This allows for a very shallow tracking arc on the record thus reducing distortion and record wear. The tonearm comes mounted with a high quality moving magnet cartridge and features Swiss made ABEC 7 stainless steel bearings.
Each element of the ikura was carefully selected to provide you with the highest level of performance and sound quality. Used properly, the ikura will provide you with years of musical enjoyment.
- music hall’s unique split-plinth design
- gorgeous high gloss white or black finish
- top tier one piece alloy tonearm
- flexible internal tonearm wire drawn from high purity copper
- counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip
- resonance damping counterweight is decoupled from the tonearm
- separately isolated dc synchronous motor
- two speed (33/45 rpm) pulley
- ortofon 2m blue moving magnet cartridge with user replaceable
nude elliptical diamond stylus (a $225 value)
- cartridge supplied is mounted and properly aligned
- precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in teflon
- main bearing provides noise free fluid operation
- dynamically balanced MDF platter
- soft felt mat
- high quality gold rca connectors and detachable phono cable
- special vibration damping adjustable feet
- low noise fully manual belt drive design
- excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- dust cover and 45rpm adaptor
- not compatible with music hall cruise control
|power supply||115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz|
to 45 rpm)
|speed deviation||± 0.9%|
|wow and flutter||±0.15%|
|rumble max||> -70 db|
|mounting distance arm base||212mm|
|effective tonearm length||9 in (228.6mm)|
|effective tonearm mass||11g|
|overhang||0.7 in (18mm)|
|cartridge weights||2.0 – 16.0g|
|tonearm weight w/o counterweight||250g|
|platter diameter||11.81 in (30cm)|
|platter weight||2 lbs (.90kg)|
- w18.25 x d13.25 x h5.5 in
- 20lbs. pkg.